The Best of CES
This year's Consumer Electronics Show is nearing an end so of course it's an occasion for the 'best of' lists. To save you time I thought I'd compile my 'best of' the 'best of' lists.
In no particular order:
- CES Hot Stuff Award Winners
- International Academy of Web Television Awards
- Videomaker Best of CES 2012 Awards
- PhotoImaging Manufacturers and Distributors Association Awards
- Best of CES Awards
My favorites from the lists above?
- From the Hot Stuff Awards, Blue's Spark Digital Mic. A high-quality, relatively inexpensive mic that attaches to your iPad. About time.
- Photographer of the Year was award to Carol Guzy at the PMDA Awards. A quick look at her work shows you why she's won four Pulitizers. Her love of humanity shines in her work consistently. In an age of endless digital manipulation she's an inspiration to all those trying to make their imaging work more grounded in the real.
- Corel's VideoStudio Pro X4 was awarded Best Software by Videomaker Magazine. While I haven't tried the application myself, I'm of the opinion that the more developers in this space the better. We need as many low-cost yet feature-rich editing apps out there as possible. I want iMovie and Final Cut Pro X to feel the heat of competition and up their game. Works for all us.