Today I'll be detailing how to use the two YouTube Video Editors to enhance the quality of your work, as well as going over a simple workaround to save time uploading the variety of clips you'll need to assemble a more complicated piece of filmmaking.
While the tools YouTube provides are relatively simplistic in comparison to other cloud-based editing solutions, they do provide a level of functionality that can enhance just about any video taken on the fly.
If you have a mobile device that records video, why not give the YouTube editors a try right now? Using the tried and true handheld method, not a tripod, record a one minute conversation with someone that includes at least three different kinds of shots. Upload it to YouTube, and then test out the stabilization, color-correction and editing tools. You might be pleasantly surprised at how these quick tweaks can improve your work right away.
YouTube also allows you to access to other editing mini-apps such as WeVideo and Magisto from within the browser. I'll be reviewing them in the coming weeks, but to give them a spin now, go to YouTube Create.
- Shoot your subjects with more space around the edges of the frame to allow the YouTube Stabilizer to work without cutting out too much into your composition
- Instead of the time consuming process of uploading multiple clips for medium shots, closeups etc., grab as many shots as you can in one take, then use the YouTube editor to trim them into different shots.
- Use the Enhancement tools in the individual Video Clips themselves rather then in the Video Editor, thereby giving you more control over Color Temperature, Fill Light, etc.—except when using the Stabilizer, which has more accurate controls in the Video Editor.
Mentioned in the Video:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades